Why New Zealand?
Every new day in the world starts in New Zealand. There are several reasons for Nepalese students to choose NZ as their preferred destination to study.
· Education System is based on prestigious British system
· Quality education at low cost
· Supportive learning environment
· Lively country to study
· Beautiful location
· Hospitable people
· Small country with huge development opportunities in various sectors
· Teaching methodology and personalized attention from the tutors
· High ranking of institutes in NZ
· Low cost of living as compared to other countries
· Qualification from NZ is recognized in most part of the world.
New Zealand’s education system is based on the prestigious British system. NZ institutes offer world class facilities, resources and faculties. Through NZ qualifications students can take transfers throughout the world, as NZ qualifications in recognized worldwide.
There are 8 Universities, 23 Polytechnics or Institutes of Technology (ITP’s) and 860 Private Training Establishments (PTE’s) in New Zealand.
New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) is responsible for approving and registering all courses and national qualifications offered at polytechnics and private training establishments. NZQA is also responsible for accrediting and registering PTE’s. In order to offer NZQA approved courses a PTE must be a registered provider with NZQA.
New Zealand Vice-Chancellors’ Committee (NZVCC) is responsible for approving all diplomas, undergraduate and graduate programs offered by the New Zealand universities.
ITPNZ – Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics of New Zealand is responsible for overseeing and approving all local qualifications offered at polytechnics.
There are 10 levels of study in New Zealand schools and universities. The lowest level is a certificate and the highest is a doctoral degree.
· Certificates are levels 1 to 4
· Diplomas are levels 5 and 6
· Bachelor’s degrees and graduate diplomas are level 7
· Postgraduate certificates and diplomas, and bachelor’s degrees with honors are level 8
· Master’s degrees are level 9
· Doctoral degrees are level 10.
Educational Institutions In New Zealand
|NSIANSI NSIA||Unitec||Auckland University of Technology|
|National Technology Institute||MIT||Lincoln University|
|Cornell Institute||Whiteria Polytecnic||Massey University|
|AIS St. Helens||Southern Institute of Technology||University of Auckland|
|Queens Academic Group||Universal College of Learning||University of Canterbury|
|ICNZ Auckland Hotel and Chef Training School||Waikato Institute of Technology||University of Otago|
|Royal Business College||Waiariki Institute of Technology||University of Waikato|
|UUNZ EDENZ College||Otago Polytechnic||Victoria University of Wellington|
|Auckland Goldstar Institute||Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology||–|
|NTEC||Eastern Institute of Technology||–|
|New Zealand Management Academy||–||–|
The education in New Zealand is at par with any other country and is cost competitive when compared with other countries.
Education cost will differ from an institute to institute and the course which a student intends to study. Diploma or an Undergraduate study can cost about NZ$18,000-“$25,000 a year, depending on your course. For a Post Graduate Study it can cost about NZ$ 21,000 – 40,000 a year depending on your course and selection of an institute. Normally the course fees will cover Government Service Tax, registration and enrollment, student health and counseling, language support and use of most facilities available at campus. Students are advised to check this with their respective institute.
Medical insurance is compulsory for all international students going to New Zealand. This can be taken before or after reaching / enrolling at an institute / course provider.
ACCOMMODATION AND LIVING EXPENSES
Cost of living in any country would depend on the life style of the students. As compare to other countries cost of living in NZ is on the lower side. Students might spend anywhere between 10000$ -12000$ in a year while studying in NZ. This amount is inclusive of Accommodation, Food, Travel & leisure activities.
Cost of Living will vary from a city to city, student might end up spending more in Auckland than other cities of New Zealand. On the other hand student will get more exposure in Auckland as it is the most populated city in New Zealand and has many businesses which give employment to the international students.
Skilled Migrant Category is the obvious choice for those who would like to migrate to New Zealand.
This category offers applicants the opportunity to work in New Zealand; it also gives them an opportunity to live in New Zealand Permanently.
Eligibility Criteria for Skilled Migrant Category
· Applications should be well verse with English Language
· Applicant should be 55 or under.
· Applicant should be healthy
· Applicant should be having a good character
· There is a point system through which the applicant can check the eligibility. There are points given for
Steps to be followed to qualify for Skilled Migration Category are as under:
Expression of Interest: Applicant needs to show the interest of migrating to NZ wherein he has to mention his age, skills, experience and about his family. To be in the pool the applicant needs to score minimum of 100 points. If the applicant has enough points the expression of Interest is accepted and the invitation letter is sent to the applicant to make an application to Migrate. The applicant needs to complete the application along with the supporting documents to complete the migration procedure.
Applicants who are intending to migrate to New Zealand can avail the detailed information at the below mentioned link.
Pre-Degree-Diploma & Undergraduate Degree
- IELTS (Academic) score – Overall score of 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 or overall 5.5 with no band less than 5.0
- TOEFL score:
- Paper-based – total score of 550 with minimum of 4.0 in Test of Written English (TWE)or
- Computer-based – total score of 213 with minimum Essay rating of 4.0 or
- Internet-based – total score of 80
- IELTS (Academic) score – Overall band score of 6.5 & band score of 6.0 in all bands
- TOEFL score:
- Paper-based – total score of 575 with minimum of 4.5 in Test of Written English (TWE)or
- Computer-based – total score of 233 with minimum Essay rating of 4.5 or
- Internet-based – total score of 90
Permanent Residency In New Zealand
New Zealand offers temporary work rights to the International students from India who are studying a full time course. International students from India are allowed to work for up to 20 hours in any given week during the academic year. Student can work full time during summer and winter break. For more information on work rights please refer towww.immigration.govt.nz
Graduate Job Search Visa: All the students who are studying Diploma level courses for minimum duration of two years will be given one year graduate job search visa. This visa will also be given to the students who are completing:
· Diploma Level 7 Course
· Graduate Diploma Level 7 Course
· Bachelors Degree
· Post Graduate Diploma Level 8
· Masters Level 9
On completion of one year Graduate Job Search visa once the applicant has the job in the relevant field two years work permit can be availed on completion of which the applicant can lodge the application of Permanent Residency. Please visit Permanent Residency section for further information.
Important Note: Students travelling to New Zealand are advised not to engage in full time work during studies as it will be against the rules and regulations set by NZ Immigration. We advise all our students to strictly follow the rules and regulations set by NZ Immigration.
How WE Can Help?
- Guaranteed scholarships for deserving students
- Perfect Visa Guidance
- Well Experienced Staff
- Work Honesty
- Homely Environment
- Expert Advice For Low Fund Course
- Application Processing
- Free Interview Training
- Pre-departure & Post Landing Services
- Air Ticket & Forex Arrangement
- Accommodation Arrangement
- College/ University Transfer
- Visa Extension
- No Charges for Spouse Visa
- Finance Assistance
- Parents & Family Visa Supports
- Pay After Visa Facility